France Private Tour FAQ
- WHAT IS A PRIVATE TOUR?
- WHAT MEANS THE TERM LICENSED GUIDE?
- DO WE HAVE TO QUEUE?
- IN WHICH OTHER LANGUAGES YOUR TOURS ARE AVAILABLE?
- WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY RESERVATION?
- WILL WE BE ABLE TO STOP FOR PHOTOS?
- ARE WE ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES INSIDE OF MUSEUMS AND CHURCHES?
- DO YOU CHARGE A BOOKING FEE?
- I CANNOT FIND SOME SPECIFIC TOUR I HAVE IN MIND; CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE US?
- WHO LEAD YOUR TOURS?
- HOW MANY PEOPLE TRAVEL IN ONE MINIVAN?
- CAN YOU PICK US UP DIRECTLY FROM A RESTAURENT?
- CAN I BOOK IN THE NEXT 24hrs?
- WHAT IF I'M LATE FOR MY PRIVATE TOUR OR I DON'T SHOW UP?
- WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLES DO YOU USE IN YOUR PRIVATE DRIVING TOUR?
- DO YOU CHARGE A SERVICE FEE FOR AMERICAN EXPRESS?
- WHERE DO YOUR PICK-UP FROM?
- WHAT ABOUT THE ENTRANCE TICKETS?
- DO YOUR PRIVATE GUIDES ACCEPT TIPS?
- CAN I READ YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
- DO ALL YOUR GUIDES SPEAK ENGLISH?
- CAN I PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD?
- CAN I SKIP THE BOOKING DEPOSIT AND PAY YOU IN FULL FOR MY TOUR WHEN I ARRIVE?
- ARE ANIMALS ALLOWED IN VEHICLES?
A private tour is a tour organized for your party only: you are the only participant in the tour and the guide is dedicated to your party. This type of tour offers a few advantages:
- It is completely tailored to your pace, needs and interests
- It is organized around your schedule
- You do not have to wait for other participants
The term "Licensed guide" means that the guide holds a university diploma (license, master or PhD) in history or art history and that they are multilingual and have a desire to share their knowledge and passion for Paris, the art and the History.
Thanks to our pre-arranged entrance tickets, you will skip the long waiting lines with your guide and enter quickly in the museums or monuments.
All our tours are available in English and Russian. For other languages please contact us.
We provide a full refund, excluding the cost of entrance tickets, for cancelled reservations up to 7 days before the tour date. We regret that we cannot offer refunds for tours cancelled within a week of the scheduled service.
Yes, in the limits of legality.
Yes, but you are not allowed to use flash. In churches like the Sacred-Heart Basilica, it is forbidden to use any camera inside.
Yes, but we guaranty 100% free cancellation at least 1 week before the tour day.
If you do not find a specific tour on our website, please do not hesitate to send us a request as there is a very high chance we can arrange this tour for you.
Our guides are passionate local experts in fields like art history, architecture and history. All of them are licensed guides, which means that they hold a university diploma (license, master or PhD) in art history or history and that they are fluent in English.
Our minivans are for 7 people maximum, but if you are more don’t hesitate to contact us.
Yes, we can pick you up from anywhere in Paris City limits.
Yes, you can book all our tours through;
If you are running late for your private tour, please do contact your guide or our offices to let us know. Your guide will wait for you for up to 30 minutes at the arranged meeting point. Please note that, if you arrive late at the meeting point, your private tour may be shortened to finish at the original scheduled time.
We only use Mercedes minivans. All our vehicles are in best conditions, A/C with leather seats.
We accept American Express and we don’t charge any service fees.
Our pick-ups are from your residence (hotel, apartment, etc.) Pick-up outside Paris city limits are for extra charge. Please, don’t hesitate to contact us to know the cost.
Entrance tickets are included in the tours where it is mentioned and are skip the line tickets.
Yes, they do. Tips are much appreciated by our private guides, but are certainly not expected. If your private guide has been excellent, please do not hesitate to give him some tip at the end of the tour.
Yes, they are mentioned in our web site in the special section. Terms and Conditions
Yes, all our guides are fluent in English.
Yes, our online secured bank payment platform accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Our payment options are flexible, and designed to make your checkout as easy as possible. We generally ask you to pay upfront a booking deposit by credit card and the remaining amount on the tour date or a few days before.
Unfortunately, not. In order to sign up for any of our private guided tours, we require at least an upfront deposit payment by credit card through our website.
Animals are not allowed in all our vehicles.